Reciprocal links auto-generated with @mentions

Hey Tom and wanted to tag @GJ_Roelofs from over on this thread:

and mention, at the risk of getting chastised by the admins for bringing up a competitor in this community, that Notion just came out with a nice implementation of exactly what I think would be ideal in Coda. Just a simple reference to when the row/view/section is @mentioned inside Coda. We have increasing speed with an ever-improving Slash command, so it’s so intuitive to mention other items. But as I work forward in Coda, I find it an increasingly “empty” experience not to get the ability to see that mention in the referenced row/section/view.

This article sums up what Notion did nicely:

Also I’d like to bring in my old (not in age, but from some months ago :)) correspondent @Bill_French, because you Bill had a lot of good technical discussion around why this is or isn’t an easy add for Coda. Judging by what Notion did, and again I’m not too technical, it seems a relatively simple add to that platform. Do you think it involved some major architecture fix in the backend?

Again, I’d just like to see the simple mention. All the Roam-like networked stuff would be terrific, but I’d be happy with this right now. Would be game-changing for my use of Coda.

Thanks Guys!

5 Likes