Relation dropdown to display all selected options

Hello everyone,
I’m quite new to using Coda, but I wanted to give it a shot.

So I wanted dropdown menu that I could use on multiple pages (with the same options). What I figured was to make a table and use the /Relations and link the table. But I have an issue with this, when selecting multiple options they simply add a +(amount) next to the selected option. Is there any way to display all the selected options instead of this?

Image just shows that even options that have way too much text will still be displayed, but selecting multiple with sort values will produce the +(amount) effect.

Any workaround to this? Thank you.

Hi @GnomenxD and Welcome to the Community :partying_face: !

The only workaround I can think of would be to store the list of the currently selected option in a canvas formula next to the relation canvas control :blush:

The formula could be simply :

[Multi-Select Relation]

or something like this :

If(
  [Multi-Select Relation].contains(""),
  ListCombine("Blank",[Multi-Select Relation]),
  [Multi-Select Relation]
).IfBlank("None")

Which creates a flat list (ListCombine()) of the currently selected options + the text value "Blank" if Blank is also selected, otherwise, it just returns the list of the selected options.
And if this is blank (the If() doesn’t return anything), it will return the text value "None" (instead of an empty list ([]))

I hope this helps :innocent:

1 Like

Thank you so much @Pch this is exactly what I was looking for! :slight_smile:

My pleasure @GnomenxD :grin: !

I’m happy to know this helped you moving forward :raised_hands: !

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.