Select List: Showing Unique Values, and Showing Items from a Non-Display Column

Hi all - I think I must be missing something simple, but I can’t seem to get unique values only in a Select List drawing from another table, nor can I choose to show data from a column that isn’t the display column when using a Select List which is coming from another table.

I feel like there used to be a formula area in the Select List Options where I could add .columname and .unique( ), to get what I’m after, but after some recent changes, the formula options only seem to let me populate the cells as opposed to governing how the select list behaves.

I don’t believe I’m able to share an example table, but the format is pretty simple:
The main table is related to another called TypesTable with two Select Lists.
TypesTable has two columns, “Type” and “Sub-Type.”
Type has repeat values and Sub-type is all unique.

What I’m trying to do is have users on the main table select a Type from a Select List, then have the second select list show items from the Sub-Type column filtered by the first selection. I know how to write the filters and everything, I just can’t seem to figure out where to put them.

Thanks in advance for your help - I’m sure I’m overlooking something basic here…

Hi Roger,
I’m not sure if this will help. I’ve created the following set up:

The 2nd and 3rd column of the main table are relation columns for Type Table and Sub Table (these are independent of each other instead of using add related column. Then in the Sub Table I set up the following in the filter section:

Alternatively, if you want to display the selected sub-tables based on type table, use the formula option of the select list rather than the filter.

)

Not an expert by any means, but hope this helps.

T

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.