Setting up an event in Google Calendar for it to recur twice a week?

Hello there! I am trying to find a way to set up a series of events (meetings) in Google Calendar that recurs every Monday and Wednesday.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do that?

Example:
Starting on Monday, Sept 7, the event will take place every Monday and Wednesday until Wednesday, Dec 16 (recurring a total of 30 times in 15 weeks).

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Hi @Luna_Zhang,
and welcome to Coda Community! :handshake:

Let me know if this could fit your needs:

You obviously have to provide your own google calendar account; once put that the formula should work as expected.

I hope it helps

Hi Federico, thanks so much for create the formula here! Sorry for being such a newbie but I am still not seeing how to make it recur twice a week. I am seeing just a meeting on Mondays. Am I supposed to set up another meeting separately on Wednesdays and combine them? Ultimately, I’d like them to show up as one recurring event in Google Calendar.

Hi @Luna_Zhang,
Sorry I didn’t understand that you needed to have the recurrence set up in the event itself, rather to control the creation AND the recurrence within Coda.

In that case, you can use the parameter recurrenceFrequency in the CreateEvent() function.

However, I think it’s not possible to programmatically (in Coda) set a weekly recurrence with more than one day.
I.e. you can setup Mondays recurrence AND Wednesdays recurrence, not Monday & Wednesday Recurrences.

You certainly can do this through Google App Scripts (https://developers.google.com/apps-script/reference/calendar/recurrence-rule), though.

1 Like

Dear @Luna_Zhang

Then when you sync your calendar back to Coda, you will get them listed accordingly

Hey @Luna_Zhang, welcome to the Community.

Looks like it’s not possible to do this directly from Coda. I attempted a hack:

but it didn’t go through.

Your best option now would be doing this through Zapier (Integromat etc) or scripts. Zapier is how we do event cancellations for example: a new row with event ID is added to an auxiliary table, Zapier polls for new rows and tells Google Calendar to delete those events. You could do the same with adding recurring events: an auxiliary table with all the data and recurrence rule, which you’ll then use in your zap to populate a new event.

https://developers.google.com/calendar/concepts/events-calendars#recurrence_rule

1 Like

Thank you Paul! I will play around with Zapier. The thing is I am trying to set up series of many meetings, all with different attendees and was hoping Coda could help me with that. It certainly is more complicated than I had expected, so I will keep exploring. This and other potential solutions suggested in this thread are helpful. Thank you.

1 Like

Having two weekly repeating meetings per person doesn’t sound too bad to me. It would be nice to have one, but two is still much better than dozens. They can be grouped or sorted by person in Coda as well, so they would display together when you needed them to.

1 Like