Some Performance Announcements

And that describes the tradeoff that is a constant battle. Why can’t the fastest cars also offroad in Moab? This is where it’s important to choose the right tool for the job and understand how to make use of the benefits each tool offers.

While Coda is not a data repository for never ending streams of data that grow well beyond hundreds of thousands of rows, it is a fantastic place for the results of these datasets and this is where the information can become actionable. Rest assured, Coda is a young company and still building out features and improving performance along the way.

If you find yourself having over 100 tables and views, over 100 columns in a single table, or over 100 sections, there is more than likely a place where information can be consolidated or offloaded. I’d encourage everyone to look at the benefits they like most in Coda, then step back and look at your project and ask yourself what data and information would benefit most by being in a Coda doc. That’s the point you build from.

I have a doc with almost 10,000 rows running as quick as any other docs I have. It’s also linked with others by Cross-doc, both sending and receiving. I generally only need a few formulas to run on a few items from this doc, so I don’t run those in that particular doc. I pull in what I need to another doc and calculate there. And I only pull in what I need, not everything every single time.

A heck of a lot can be done in Coda, it’s not small projects only, but I recommend you think through your schema and identify what you need in order to accomplish your goals.

We’ll continue to work on all facets of the product, both features and performance, and we’ll stay tuned in to all feedback we receive.

3 Likes