Switch statement for multiple tables

Hi! New to coda and loving every bit so far! I do have a question about switch statements.

What I have below is a switch for t shirt sizes and depending on what size it is, I would like to display the position and the time allocated. All of it works but the concatenation, it seems to be picking up from one table only (the pink x-small). How can I make it dynamic so that it shows for all the t-shirt sizes? Thanks!

EDIT: Tried it with currentvalue. Am I doing something wrong?

If there is a better way to do this, let me know. thanks!

Hi Mattics,

Welcome to Coda and the community!

• The community would be much better able to help you if you share the doc, or an anonymised copy of it.
  • From the screenshot, it appears that you have separate tables for each t-shirt size? Why is that?

Regards
Piet

hi @Piet_Strydom ! thank you for replying! sure thing, here’s the doc in question. I simplified it to only X-small and small tshirt sizes.

each table contains more values than just a simple size. based on the size, there will be multiple groups of people with efforts for each group.

in my switch statement, i would just like the name of the group and what the total time is, which is in each table! let me know if you have more questions

Hi all,

This question might pertain to me as well! There was no solution on this one though :frowning:

Hi,

Apologies. I thought I had responded to this.

I would strongly recommend that you have a single table, with a column that determines the t-shirt size. It will GREATLY simplify you formulas.

R
p

1 Like

@Piet_Strydom omg that’s a great idea! let me try that and ill get back to you on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @Piet_Strydom ! it worked! i just have to manipulate the output but this unblocks me. Thanks :smiley:

1 Like