Timezone is missing India timezone

I guess that just hourly timezones got listed.
But seriously missing whole of India - +5:30

1 Like

Hello Vikas, thanks for reporting.

IST is not supported yet, I have filed this issue to our internal tracking list.

Regards!

@Jesus_Guzman where/how do we get notified when IST is added to the timezone list?

America/Sao Paulo is also missing, but there’s another GMT-3 available…
It’d be nice to have it

I have tied this post to our internal tracker, once it gets done, I will let you know by this entry.

Regards!

Hello Adriano, We have heard this request from many users and I’ve have bumped it up on our roadmap. We appreciate your feedback, but we don’t have a timeline for releasing better support right now.

For now it’s good to hear you have another time zone available that matches yours.

Best Regards!

1 Like

The Israeli timezone (Asia/Jerusalem) is also missing.

Thanks for your comment @Noam_Kfir,
Could you try to set EEST (+3:00) Asis/Beirut ? I think it matches yours :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I cannot use the Beirut timezone (or any other timezone).

The Israeli parliament changes the daylight savings cutoff every year, which means that it is not on a simple recurring schedule and, more importantly, that it is guaranteed to be different from every other country at least part of the year, every year.

Similar situations exist with other countries as well. China, for example, has one timezone, though the countries north and south of it occupy a total of at least four additional timezones from east to west.

Timezones are determined by nations and reflect dynamic political realities. You should use the tzdata dataset whose purpose is to maintain timezone data and propagate changes.

You should always list every active timezone listed in tzdata, and not add them one at a time. You also should not assume that having the same UTC offset makes two timezones equivalent. You can simply never know. Operating systems, for example, routinely propagate tzdata updates.

The only alternative I can think of is to explicitly list UTC plus and minus offsets, in addition to the national timezones. I would still have to change the timezone manually when daylight savings goes into effect, but at least it wouldn’t change automatically on me when not expected.