3 questions about Stocks Pack

Thanks for any help I can get with a couple of questions about the Stocks Pack:

1. I have a full list of 360 stocks, but really just want to get data (primarily “Price Change Percentage”) on about 30 or 40 of those stocks at a time. Is there a way to create sync just the values in a view and not all the values in an entire table?

2. What’s the best way to automate a sync at, say, noon every day?

3. When I try to sort by “Last Update” or “Price Change Percentage” the sort doesn’t work (see screen shot); any suggestions for how to do this?

Many thanks!
Gregg

1. I’m not sure how your table is setup, but you could have a checkbox on each row that specifies if you want to fetch stock data for that stock, and then use a formula to only fetch the price for the checked rows (and be blank otherwise).
  2. You could setup an automation that uses the Refresh formula to refresh the column with new data.
  3. Hard to know what’s going on there from the screenshot, sorry.
1 Like

Thank you!
Using checkboxes is a great idea…it will also enable me to have the pack stop trying to sync a few symbols that IEX can’t update. I think that will help reduce load a lot too.

Hi, @Eric_Koleda…I hope you don’t mind me asking a follow up question:
You said, “…use a formula to only fetch the price for the checked rows (and be blank otherwise).”
How do I do this?
I added a column with a checkbox, and I added a column with a “Refresh” button and figured out how to disable the “Refresh” button if certain criteria are not met.
I cannot figure out how to do what you said:
“…use a formula to only fetch the price for the checked rows (and be blank otherwise).”
Would you be willing to show me what this formula should look like?
When I try to refresh only the rows with checkbox and enabled button, all the rows still get refreshed.
Here’s a screen shot of what I’ve got so far:
11.23.21 15.19.36

I guess he meant to use if() formula, something like:
If([refresh?]=true, stockformola, “”)

1 Like

Yep, exactly what @Asaf_Dafna said.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.