Add slash commands and add actions to messages in Slack

It would be great if we could create Coda columns in tables directly from Slack.

To do that, the Coda app needs to ask for the following permission:
Add slash commands and add actions to messages (and view related content)

Similarly to how Asana does it:

Probably you can set up Integromat to do this

Thank you for your reply @Denis_Peshekhonov. The problem with that solution is that Slack would not provide an easy way to input information for the table.

This is what I see when I create a task in Asana directly from Slack. It would be nice to have similar functionality for Coda as well:

1 Like

100% second this. I think the Slack integration should be all about creating items in Coda from Slack, in a similar for to what @Raul_San_N.H you are suggesting. Most project management apps have integrated well with Slack at this point. Ideally, I’d like to be able to even have a small comment or footer in the description of the row in Coda saying “coming from Slack” and a link added back to the original Slack convo. I assume the Product Team will set this up soon as I am not aware of practically any app out there that does not have this basic connection with Slack, the ability to create an item in the app directly out of a Slack convo.

Thanks guys

1 Like

Hey Coda team, any progress on this request or common workarounds?

This is interesting… I guess you’d first have to select the doc, then the table, then it would dynamically show you inputs based on the table? Seems a bit cumbersome, though maybe you could favourite some tables or something