The ability to highlight text and add a tag to it so you can aggregate or search on highlighted text by tag.
- Annotating meeting notes to allow for better searchability
- Tagging user research interview notes so you can better group learnings into bucketed insights (by tag)
Requirements and potential Solutions:
- There is existing formatting ability in Coda to highlight text different colors. The functionality would show up after you highlight the text, a tag popup will show up for you to tag that particular text.
- The text commenting feature is an adjacent/similar feature – you can select a portion of text in order to add a comment for it. Once you add a comment, that text is underlined and a comment icon is displayed to right side of the screen. Imagine that if you add a tag, the tags could show up to the right of the screen
- Ability to search for tagged content, showing the tag(s) and the accompanying tagged content
Example use case with Dovetail user research product (even a simplified flat tag structure is good enough):