Adjusting the width of a Text Control

A simple question. When I add a Text Control to a document, is there a means of adjusting the width of it? The problem is that the placeholder text is too long to display fully and I’d like to expand the width to show the full text.

Cheers!

6 Likes

That cannot be done yet, I have asked coda to allow for some of these type of changes while it was in beta.

2 Likes

Cheers for the reply @joost_mineur. At least I can relax and know it’s not me :smiley:

I’ve moved this thread to a better home now (suggestion box)

bump as this is a feature I would love to see for templates for two reasons:

1. When using Coda to create a consultation form, viewing the doc on the Coda app on an iPad allows easy entry of data into the text field
  2. It enables you to programmatically reference that data elsewhere (whereas just plain text doesn’t)

Community members - please add your likes if you would like this feature too :smiley:

4 Likes

I’d definitely be eager to see this, as well. Right now, the UX for the text control is pretty awful when dealing with anything other than very short bits of text. Would be great to have a multiline option, as well as the ability to have a validation formula, as one can do with forms.

1 Like

+1
Asking for this as a “Feature” is being pretty generous. The textbox feature is basically unusable like this, at least for me.

1 Like

Please add my vote for this feature.

+1 from me to fix this too. :slight_smile:

Yes please add the ability to specify the width of input control. thanks

+1 – seems easy enough and dramatically increases the use of forms for virtual collaboration and consulting

+1 - I’ve been using Coda more as a lightweight app development system and while the row-detail pages and forms could probably be hacked to help with something like this, seems like it would be a fairly straightforward modification.

Any update on this request?

1 Like

Bump. Are there any updates on this?

This in combination with hideable input fields would open a lot of interesting use cases.

1 Like