Am I the only one? Coda is ugly

Ok, it’s the shy guy that rarely posts or contributes. I come here to this community page often, but I mostly feel inadequate with the likes of so many that are very sharp. I am thankful the help that I have found which is why the community page exists for obvious reasons.
This post got my attention. I am embarrassed to admit it, but am the FORM over FUNCTION type of person. There is something so addicting to CODA that it is the first place where I have been able to find outlets for the ideas in my head. Yet, I can’t seem to get them off the ground because it is mostly ugly. It’s so close to being what I need. If you took this page for example, How do you get a table to format like the Suggested Topics section? I know I can use CSS… but that’s more work than I can afford to give. I could hire a GD and developer but then I would not appreciate it as much as I could.
As a side note, why can you not format inside the Code Block? I think it all boils down to needing some more tools to help with formatting.

2 Likes

Hi Glenn! I am not sure if we have had the chance to meet yet but I am Maggie and I am a member of Coda’s Success Team.

Thanks for voicing your thoughts on Coda’s formatting as there is certainly always room from improvement and we love feedback!

My team exists to help customers build and optimize docs, let me know if you would want to set up some time for a call, I have some ideas regarding a build that looks like Suggested Topics below :slight_smile:

3 Likes