Are RandomInteger and RandomItem new?

Or did I just miss them for a very long time:
RandomItem
RandomInteger

2 Likes

@cnr , they are new like ReverseList()

2 Likes

It would be nice if they announce somewhere when they add new officially supported formulas. I had no idea about those, and I feel like not having to compare whole coda formulas page to see if something is added :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m sure they’ll tell us about them. They’re probably just in testing phase right now.

Hi @cnr , why should you assume this? Maybe based on how they announced these functions:

Like @Marko_Petrovic most of us do not take time to review the coda formula pages for what ever reason.

2 Likes

Not just those are silently new, but also the auto-indentiation of formulas is new. I saw the change two days ago!

When you press shift-enter now within () brackets, it puts the closing bracket on the separate newline and indents the line between brackets with two spaces:

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2)

I have a feeling these should come as part of a larger update that they’ll announce somewhere soon.

1 Like

You are right, I was just writing some formulas in one of docs and was like “Wait, what’s going on here :D” .
That’s really really cool addition. If we could now get big nice window for writing formulas I would be mega happy :smiley:

1 Like

Here’s the official release Launched: 3 new formulas to help you get random and/or reversed

8 Likes