Asynchronous controls

@Nick_HE, this is a question we see pretty often and we see use-cases that would benefit from this regularly as well. It’s one of those features that hasn’t quite made it to the top of the list, but it’s definitely talked about and paid attention to.

Something that’s somewhat surprised me is just how many questions pop up when seemingly small features are being put into play. There is quite a bit of planning that goes along with it and the order in which things are added can affect other things too.

I can say that Coda sees this as a feature that would add value for sure and it is important. I can also say that the order in which features are added isn’t necessarily an order of importance or demand. Some items need to be in play before others can be added and some things need to be tested before other things can be built on top of those. There is a big list of questions and interactions that need to be considered, like how will locking and permissions work with a per-user search field?

For now, using the suggest work-arounds is the way to go, but this is something that is on our list and is seen as an important feature.

3 Likes