Automated PDF Export

Can anyone give me soom ideas for automating the export of a coda doc to pdf, and sending via O365?

Not using the outlook pack due to cost, so maybe using webhook to trigger an n8n workflow or creating a pack?

FYI: @Scott_Collier-Weir has published an alternative Outlook Mail Pack with a much lower cost, if that helps: Microsoft Outlook Mail Pack, extend Coda with... - Coda

Hey @Wayne_Simpson1 !

Yeah I’ve published this Microsoft Mail pack that allows you to send messages with attachments (and much much more)!

If you’re looking for full PDF generation from your Coda data, I recommend Documint - its what we use at The Coda School and you can see it in action at www.codaquiz.com

Taking the quiz inputs your score data through a Coda doc, then automations run (all inside Coda) to generate and email you a PDF of your results!

Let me know if you have any more questions

@Scott_Collier-Weir

Looks like it only works with personal accounts?

I could make a pack and use the Microsoft Graph API or nodes in n8n etc, but what I’m not sure about is if it is possible to essentially export a coda doc to pdf automatically and then attach it?

No.

Not unless you are on the enterprise plan - there are no endpoints available at the non-enterprise level to export doc data (specifically canvas data)

Even without enterprise, you have accesss to table data, but you’d have to do more engineering work to aggregate that data and format it into a PDF

Your best bet is to use something like the Documint pack (or use make/n8n in conjunction with documint or another pdf service in order to structure you doc data into a pdf format)

That’s what I thought, the long route! But I might make the time to do it with n8n and the adobe api given they have pdf conversion and I already pay for it. Looking for a way to automate statements and issue dynamic docs with the click of a button.

Thanks!

2 Likes

For sure! I’ve experimented a lot in the space so let me know if you need any more pointers!

1 Like

Thanks will do, I think this task might be best suited to Power Automate :ok_hand:t5:

1 Like