Button icons missing

Hey,
I really love the existing Icons for buttons, but it seems like that the one icon that I’m looking for is always missing :smiley: Also with some learned icons, the label would be no longer needed for lots of buttons.

What I’m currently missing:
Delete -> Trash Bin Icon
Add -> Plus Icon (Maybe in a circle)
Open Link -> Square-with-an-arrow-pointin-out-of-the-top-right-corner Icon
Refresh -> Two-Arrows-building-a-circle-Icon
Save -> Good old floppy disk

5 Likes

Thanks @Daniel_Stieber, great suggestions!

We’re looking at some ways to vastly expand the set of icons for buttons, as well as some other places in the product where icons can add value.

3 Likes

@nathan I would love to see, as a start, if it were possible to have all of the icons that are available for Sections to be available here for Buttons. There are far more available there that would be incredibly useful as a Button Icon.

In particular, I stumbled across this limitation when I was looking for the megaphone icon that I have on a “Feedback” section. I’m removing the need for that section by just having a Button for Feedback on every main Section I have in the Doc (the Feedback gets reported to another Doc via Cross-doc).

Thanks!

We’d love to do this too! Until we get to this, the best workaround is to start your button name with an emoji, if you can find one close to the meaning you intend.

1 Like

Just bumping this up the list…

2 Likes