New section and filename icons

Regarding these new section and filename icons:

1. Is there some way to select from an entire list of available icons?
  2. Or are available options only accessible via search strings?
  3. If (2), is there a complete list some place that we can reference when typing in search strings?

section_icons_2019-01-25_0755

4 Likes

Hi @Ander - currently we do not expose all the icons (over 4000) in one place and they are only available via search string.

3 Likes

@mallika - is there any way to add custom icons for sections and folders beyond the existing set of 4000?

5 Likes

Does anyone know which library of icons Coda is using?

2 Likes

I think its this one: https://icons8.com/icons/

4 Likes

I also vote for a section where we can see all icons used. It’s so difficult to find the right one and in a similar style now.

6 Likes

Hi mallika! Wondering if this has been updated and if we could see the entire list of ~4000+ icons somewhere?

1 Like

Hi @Fawziyah_Nabeelah ! We source our icons from a 3rd party, a subset of the icons8 library, and while we try to refresh at regular intervals, we may not be able to offer a 1:1 match for everything in their library. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee when those updates will occur.

We don’t currently have the functionality to add custom icons, we are tracking this as a feature request! That said, I’ve gone ahead and moved this topic into the Suggestion Box for others to get involved in this request to add custom icons.

4 Likes

Thank you for replying @Shania_Torgerson!

until then-- is there a way to have a possibly-easy-to-add-specific-icons suggestion box/table with reactions for votes?? about the possible specific icons to be added to the existing collection? Like not another post, I feel icon-request posts may be repetitive and the collective votes are not aggregating for the same suggestion.

For eg. I would like icons for companies like google, apple and other well-known ones as there are already some icons for fb, netflix, linkedin etc my doc feels incomplete without the missing ones which I think can be quick adds? idk… :frowning:

I also don’t know if those specific icon suggestions I’m looking for are going to be in the next-refresh interval- is it possible to have something like this public?

3 Likes