Button to "Select All" on interactive filter and Select List?

Hi!

I have figured out how to make a button choose “None” on an interactive filter and Select List ( “” ) but I am wondering if there is a way to make a button choose “Select All”…I have tried lots of things with no success; I am hoping I don’t have to create a long formula that includes every option in the Select List!

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you!

Gregg

1 Like

I figured it out. Unless someone knows a better way, I am able to “Select All” with a button by using this syntax and including every option on the list:

SetControlValue([Select Tagged Assessment], “Best,Better,”)

The two commas as the end is to include “blank”.

Gregg

1 Like

Hi @Gregg_Stebben,
your solution woks perfectly.

Just as a side consideration, think about having the items of the select list as a separate table.

This way you always have a consistency whenever a changes in the list should occur.
Otherwise you have to change both the select list and the control value action every time.

So, if you have a List Items table with Best and Better values, your Select Tagged Assessment will simply be:
List Items
and your button control, coherently:
SetControlValue([Select Tagged Assessment], List Items)

It might not be this case, but it’s a good approach to keep consistence in similar contexts.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi, @Federico.Stefanato …Thank you for this! I kind of figured making the list a table would have benefits like this…but I hadn’t explored it. Thanks to you, know I know how to do it!

1 Like

I want to make Coda display the updated list of the (filtered) rows in the column “responses” of this table when one presses the button “Respond”.
I am working on a table that would help us organise our conversations because Coda seems to not search comments and because one stands to benefit more from advanced communication software than from those “comments”.
Anybody can talk with me about enjoying benefits from providing or using services here, i.e. the Coda team, Coda experts, and the other Coda users.
We can agree on how to use Coda together.