Calendar View Updating to Filtered Values

Hi Coda Peeps,

I have a question about how to get a calendar view to update to a filtered month. I have a document to track marketing emailers. To keep the table from getting out of hand, ever entry to the table has a hidden field set with the month number. That way I can have a dropdown menu to pick the month and only those emails show up on the calendar (or any other table view) when selected. The problem I have is that when I filter emails for October, the calendar is showing September (with no data). How can I get the calendar to update to show the filtered month? Is it possible?

Thanks for your help.

—b

HI Bradley,

Can you please share your doc so that the community members can see where the problem is?

Thanks
Piet

Hi Piet,

Sure. Here is a link to the document: https://coda.io/d/dXH41FjKsQd/Marketing-Calendar_su6C

I hope this screenshot helps to clarify as well.

HI Bradley,

I have requested access ot the doc, because I cannot see what the formulas are.

P

HI Bradley,

I assume that what you want to do is to have the two views in green below move in tandem?

The reason that they are not working together, is because they are controlled by two different controller - the red and the blue respectively.

Unfortunately I am not aware of a method to link the two controllers, with the problem being I don’t know how to get hold of the blue controller in the calendar.

Hopefully one of the people that knows Coda internal workings better can help out here - if we could control the blue controller using the same info as the red controller, they would synchronise.

Regards
Piet

Hi Piet,

You should have access now.

HI Bradley,

Yes I have, see my reply above.

P

Hi Piet,

Thank you. This is exactly what needs to happen. I don’t know how to do it either and wonder if it’s even possible. I appreciate you taking a look.

Navigating the month in the calendar view and filtering data in the view are 2 different things.

I think this will answer your question: When you filter the data, only data that’s filtered will show up but you can still navigate to any month you’d like.

Hi Jake,

Yes, that is correct but what I want/need is for both to happen - filtering the data ALSO updates the calendar month view to match the filtered month.

You can’t do this unfortunately

That is what I was thinking as well. Maybe some day, Coda?

Hi Bradley,

If you are willing to do away with calendar layout, and replace it with a traditional list table, you could make it work.

You could group the list by day, so you have each day’s activities one below the other.

P

1 Like

Hi Piet,

I use the table view in other places (and it works) but visually it’s easier to understand what is happening on each day of the month to see it in the calendar view.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.