Yep that’s a possibility actually.
- I’m not aware of any webhooks functionality, so your app would have to poll the coda doc every X seconds
- There is a delay between when things are updated in a doc, and when the change is visible via the API. In my experience it’s somewhere in the 10-20sec range, so not sure if that’s too slow for your use case once you add in polling frequency, some time for your app to process, etc.
Edit: one other option is that buttons in coda can open URLs. They can’t do it in the background like a fetch(), it actually opens a new tab. But maybe you could set something up where clicking the “I’m active” button takes multiple actions:
- Set status to active in Coda
- Open URL in new tab, which is your app with a URL parameter
- Your app takes that and updates Zendesk Chat status
- Your app redirects the user to Zendesk Chat