Coda execute fails locally with SIGABRT

I’m trying to test my pack locally. A few weeks ago it worked perfectly well but now it’s failing with SIGABR

❯ npx coda execute pack.ts HelloWorld
(node:12149) [DEP0040] DeprecationWarning: The `punycode` module is deprecated. Please use a userland alternative instead.
(Use `node --trace-deprecation ...` to show where the warning was created)
dyld[12149]: missing symbol called
fish: Job 1, 'npx coda execute pack.ts HelloW…' terminated by signal SIGABRT (Abort)

Node v21.4.0 on Mac M1 Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)

Hi @Marcin_Floryan - Hmm, that’s not something I’ve run across before. Did you update your dependencies since then? What version of the Packs SDK are you running?

I’m using @codahq/packs-sdk@1.7.4 and the problem still appears making it effectively impossible to test packs locally.

The pack itself works with no problem when uploaded and used in a document.

Very strange. Does it repro on a simple Hello World Pack as well? I’m wondering if it’s related to your specific set of libraries, etc.

I just tried by using your examples from GitHub:

git clone https://github.com/coda/packs-examples.git
cd packs-examples/
npm install
npx coda execute examples/trigonometry/pack.ts Cosine 0

And the results are:

(node:20471) [DEP0040] DeprecationWarning: The `punycode` module is deprecated. Please use a userland alternative instead.
(Use `node --trace-deprecation ...` to show where the warning was created)
(node:20471) [DEP0128] DeprecationWarning: Invalid 'main' field in 'packs-examples/node_modules/mold-source-map/package.json' of 'mold-source-map.js'. Please either fix that or report it to the module author
dyld[20471]: missing symbol called
fish: Job 1, 'npx coda execute examples/trigo…' terminated by signal SIGABRT (Abort)

This is clearly related to the version of node. I have tried using node v18 and the same command works as expected.

Thanks for the extra detail there. Does it work if you pass --vm=false? I’m wondering if the isolated-vm library isn’t compatible with that version of Node on your architecture.

1 Like

Ha! That actually helps. It works when I set --vm=false

Might be this issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.