Coda needs to communicate better about its roadmap

@Kevin_Morris give us some names! :star_struck:

AFFiNE - All In One Workos
AppFlowy.IO
Anytype.io - this one is snake oil I think…

2 Likes

Amazing @Kevin_Morris thanks for this list!

It’s strange how much all of those are similar to coda :sweat_smile:

Affine doesnt have DB capabilities for now so that one is not really an alternative to coda,

I’m installing appflowy, i’ll update this post after trying it! EDIT: Neither appflowy does have extensive DB capabilites or interconnection between tables, not a valid coda alternative!

I’ve requested alpha access to anytype that requires an onboarding videocall, scheduled for next week!

1 Like

I’m in the same exact spot Harry! I know Coda will implement what I need at some point. But I don’t know if that is going to be next week, next month, or next year. And on top of that I don’t know what it will look like so not sure how to reduce the work to migrate in the future.

1 Like

I would like to present the Firecore Infuse community: http://community.firecore.com/

The Infuse app is the best self-hosted movie player app for iOS and the developer behind has a phenomenal community system. We can see the roadmap for next releases, what ideas are being considered, what is being developed, what was post poned or abandoned by any reasons.

For me, it is a blueprint about how to manage community for any software company.

I was literally being helped by @Micah_Lucero in another topic to setup an iOS Shortcut automation to send tasks to Coda via webhook. The mobile app is soooo bad that I am basically ignoring the app existence and creating a web automation on my phone to add a simple task. I don’t know how much it costs to Coda servers to do all this workaround for a simple thing.

Thank you Nad, and to everyone who shared feedback with us — we appreciate the candid conversation. Transparently, we take a unique approach to product, balancing our longer term “Big Bets” with shorter term goals that can allow us to be nimble, and ship fast. This means that our roadmap might change, but we’re focused on launching as many features (that we hope you’ll love!) as we can. If you’re curious, our Head of Product Lane Shackleton recently walked through our planning process — and shared actual screenshots of our internal launch calendar!

Looking ahead in 2023, we’re really excited about full page embeds, and Coda AI. We’ll also continue to make it even easier to collaborate with your team in Coda, or get started with a new workflow. Many of you have also participated in our product betas, and your feedback has helped inform several product decisions — so sharing a big thank you!

It sounds like there’s an opportunity for us to engage more closely with all of you, and we’ve been sharing some ideas internally. We’re thinking about hosting more webinars with our Product team — so we can not only give updates, but hear from you directly, similar to Shishir’s annual “Year in Review” or Maria’s “In Case You Missed It.” If we were to host these sessions, would you be interested in attending? Let us know what feedback you have.

5 Likes

It’s not a roadmap, but Shishir saying they’re very close to two-way sync is a big positive from my perspective!..and that they’re actively working on granular permissions!

8 Likes

Thanks Katy!

In regards to your question. Midjourney (an AI image generation tool) host really cool fireside-esque chats on their Discord server weekly. You attend and listen whilst submitting questions for someone to answer. Whats even cooler is you can get pulled up on stage to ask your question as well. It builds some nice connectivness and provokes some interesting conversations with the speakers on stage.

Looking forward to seeing how Coda grows!

Thanks for the idea, @Harry_Roper ! I’ll share that internally and keep you all updated on events we host.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.