Coda needs to communicate better about its roadmap

@Kevin_Morris give us some names! :star_struck:

AFFiNE - All In One Workos
AppFlowy.IO
Anytype.io - this one is snake oil I think…

1 Like

Amazing @Kevin_Morris thanks for this list!

It’s strange how much all of those are similar to coda :sweat_smile:

Affine doesnt have DB capabilities for now so that one is not really an alternative to coda,

I’m installing appflowy, i’ll update this post after trying it! EDIT: Neither appflowy does have extensive DB capabilites or interconnection between tables, not a valid coda alternative!

I’ve requested alpha access to anytype that requires an onboarding videocall, scheduled for next week!

1 Like

I’m in the same exact spot Harry! I know Coda will implement what I need at some point. But I don’t know if that is going to be next week, next month, or next year. And on top of that I don’t know what it will look like so not sure how to reduce the work to migrate in the future.

1 Like

I would like to present the Firecore Infuse community: http://community.firecore.com/

The Infuse app is the best self-hosted movie player app for iOS and the developer behind has a phenomenal community system. We can see the roadmap for next releases, what ideas are being considered, what is being developed, what was post poned or abandoned by any reasons.

For me, it is a blueprint about how to manage community for any software company.

I was literally being helped by @Micah_Lucero in another topic to setup an iOS Shortcut automation to send tasks to Coda via webhook. The mobile app is soooo bad that I am basically ignoring the app existence and creating a web automation on my phone to add a simple task. I don’t know how much it costs to Coda servers to do all this workaround for a simple thing.