Code Block Syntax Highlighting

+1 for this.
Moreover, add SQL syntax. Any updates from the coda.io team on this feature?

3 Likes

+1
Ideally, with auto-indent (tabs/spaces) inside the code blocks.

3 Likes

+1 for auto-indent. Thanks!

1 Like

Big +1 for this. Love using Coda has a notebook for programming but this would make it muuuch better.

Also having control of how many spaces a tab is would be very helpful, generally for notes I prefer 2 to keep it more compact.

4 Likes

and those issue

2 Likes

We’re also looking to migrate internal docs to Coda, and it’s a must for us to be able to see code highlighted and auto-formatted.

2 Likes

+1 Clickup have it. You can select the langauge as well.
It would be great for note taking with IT project. Auto indentation would be a plus.
Intellisense would send me to heaven :smiley:

6 Likes

+1 – Not sure if we can use Coda without this feature.

2 Likes

+1
This and free file support are really must-have to able to write up technical specs to this tool. Struggling a LOT at the moment trying to migrate simple .json and .yaml specifications.

2 Likes

+1! I’m looking forward to it

2 Likes

Following as well. We have a lot of code documentation in Coda.

Markdown editors elsewhere have good models for support

2 Likes

+1! I’m looking forward to it

2 Likes

:100: This is by far the biggest blocker I have for potentially switching from Notion to Coda - without syntax highlighting Coda is a complete nonstarter for writing technical specs IMO, especially since all its major competitors (Notion, Slite, Dropbox Paper) all have it already.

Could we get an update from someone on the Coda team to hear if this is being considered for the roadmap in the near future? :bowing_man:

5 Likes

2 and a half years later and this has not been implemented? I can’t honestly believe it. There are literally hundreds of libraries that will do it.

Just plug this in in the Code Block component: https://highlightjs.org – It’s not that hard.

6 Likes

+1 for this. This is a must feature.

1 Like

+1. This is a must feature for me too.

1 Like

@Coda team, any particular reason why this feature is not being considered into the product? Just curious :slight_smile:

3 Likes

+1 It’s one of few CONS in comparison with Notion… :frowning_face:

6 Likes

Totally agreed! This is the biggest Cons as a developer user.

3 Likes

+1, I would need it for writing C# courses

1 Like