Code Block Syntax Highlighting

It would be nice to have syntax highlighting within Code blocks.
Typescript
Javascript
Html
CSS
Java
C
Perl
C++
Python

47 Likes

+1

Golang + Thrift for me

I’ve seen this done two ways:

```lang=go
code
```
or

```go
code
```

3 Likes

I guess I just use coda for a lot of school projects where it’s nice to have code snippets for the programs were working on or to iron out ideas with the team. And syntax highlighting would greatly help with that.

4 Likes

Would prefer to have this too! I thought it was an obvious feature requirement :slight_smile:

However I do have a simple workaround solution which I use. Sharing this here so others could benefit from who want to have this meanwhile coda considers adding it:

1. Go to https://tohtml.com/
  2. Paste in your code
  3. Select language/format, and click “Highlight”
  4. Copy preview shown on right side of the page
  5. Paste inside a coda doc’s Code block
15 Likes

+1 on this one. We wanted to start using Coda in our team to share code but the missing syntax highlighting feature is now good :frowning:

3 Likes

+1 on this! Compared to other tools, this is a clear lack of Coda.

4 Likes

Please, add c# and VB.NET. syntax Highlighting is really important for code analysis and documenting.

1 Like

+1 for this. If you can add support for SystemVerilog as well then that would make me and other hardware engineers happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m also looking for the exact same feature.
In my case I’m looking for JSON syntax highlighting to document API for web services, etc.

It’s not rocket science (compare to other more advanced Coda features)
There is some very cool JS libraries out there:
https://highlightjs.org/

4 Likes

+1 on this! Compared to other tools, this is a clear lack of Coda.

2 Likes

+1 for this.
Moreover, add SQL syntax. Any updates from the coda.io team on this feature?

3 Likes

+1
Ideally, with auto-indent (tabs/spaces) inside the code blocks.

3 Likes

+1 for auto-indent. Thanks!

1 Like

Big +1 for this. Love using Coda has a notebook for programming but this would make it muuuch better.

Also having control of how many spaces a tab is would be very helpful, generally for notes I prefer 2 to keep it more compact.

4 Likes

and those issue

2 Likes

We’re also looking to migrate internal docs to Coda, and it’s a must for us to be able to see code highlighted and auto-formatted.

2 Likes

+1 Clickup have it. You can select the langauge as well.
It would be great for note taking with IT project. Auto indentation would be a plus.
Intellisense would send me to heaven :smiley:

6 Likes

+1 – Not sure if we can use Coda without this feature.

2 Likes

+1
This and free file support are really must-have to able to write up technical specs to this tool. Struggling a LOT at the moment trying to migrate simple .json and .yaml specifications.

2 Likes

+1! I’m looking forward to it

2 Likes