Copy cells without copying the column names

Ok so I am new to Coda and I tried to search a solution to this on this page but i didn’t find any.

I have a table in coda. I want to select two cells (sometimes more cells from a row), copy it using Ctrl+c and paste it without the column names on a text editor. It works if I copy and paste only one cell.
I have to manually delete the column name. Is there any other way to copy paste?

So for example I want to select two cells John and 20, copy them and paste it as:

John (tab/space) 20

and not as

Regards

2 Likes

I am trying to figure out the same…
Did you ever figure out how to do this?

I’m interested in a more eloquent solution, but you can copy and paste to a Google Sheet (which will include the column names), then paste back into CODA. The column names don’t carry over to CODA from Google Sheets, unless you highlight them as well.

You could make a new column that has the info you want to copy paste

Basically a column that concatenates the Name and Age column with a space in between.

This only works if you are copying one row at a time, but it puts all the info from that row into one cell, so it can be copied without the column headers.

I have been deleting the column name. I guess there is no option where I can switch it off.

Your solution might be good if I always had to copy Name and Age, but sometimes I also have to copy “Age and Test” or “Name, Age, Test” (from the above example). So creating new column for each type of combination is not practical.

I still want to upvote a copy() action that would copy contents to clipboard! Would be useful in almost all my docs!

Could possibly solve this issue as well