tl;dr - You can quickly copy a column with its values and settings, or just its settings, from the column menu in your tables.
We’ve all been there: You’ve made the perfect table with every column formatted perfectly for you and your team’s needs. But as the project expands, you suddenly need to add more data to the table in a new column. While aiming for parity between columns, you realize you have check the settings of your existing column, then create a new column, and then update the column type, settings, formulas, etc. That’s no small amount of time and clicksーand we’re excited to give you all of that time back.
Starting today, you can duplicate any column quickly and easily directly from the column itself. You have two options:
- Duplicate the column with values, to make an exact copy
- Duplicate the column as an empty column, but with the settings still applied (so, your formulas and/or settingsーlike select list options, whether to show a full name or an avatar for people, etc.ーare retained)
- Choose the column you wish to duplicate
- Click on the column header to open the column menu
- Select “Duplicate” and then choose what kind of duplicate column you’d like (with or without values)
- Your new column will appear directly to the right of your chosen column
- You may simply grab and drag columns to a new location if desired
Note that you can also access this feature from the Column menu in the Table Options panel by clicking on the column icon.
We hope this makes it even easier to build your solutions in tables in Coda, and to maintain and update them as your projects grow!