Emailing a Page with Grouped Tables

Hi Guys,

I’ve been trying to work with the Gmail pack so that we can send out automated quotes to our clients.

It’s reading directly from a table of quoted materials, which has multiple rows per material because the materials need to be broken down into sheets going to manufacturer A and sheets going to manufacturer B, etc. But the client doesn’t need to know this, they just need to know the material, and some notes for the colour, etc. So I’ve grouped the table by the ‘material’ column, so that we just see a list of notes per material (as below).

Unfortunately, when I email this page, the grouping doesn’t follow through… (see below).

As far as I’m aware, my only other choice is to create an inline formulamap equation for each unique material in the table. The problem with this is that it’s not so easy to format as a table.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Sam

Hi @Sam_Parsons,
and welcome to Coda Community! :handshake:

A possible quick workaround would be to just keep the unique values from a Client’s perspective.

To do this, you can add two (hidden) columns

• Application-Material that concatenates - well… - Application and Material
  • Unique, that contains the following formula:
thisTable
  .Filter(currentValue.[Application-Material] = thisRow.[Application-Material])
    .Rank(thisRow)<2

Then you can create a specific view that filters Unique (=True())

let me know if this helps.
In case, sharing your document would help to dig a bit deeper and find alternative solutions.

Cheers!

Thanks very much @Federico.Stefanato !

A Unique column with the above formula is exactly what I needed!

1 Like