I’m using the Gmail pack to send a weekly summary of team activities internally within my organization.
My goal is to send a table that groups activities by Progress and Vertical, however, when I email the page the grouping is gone and the result is much less readable (see below). Sorry for the black boxes, I had to block some data due to confidentiality.
Any suggestions on how I can work around this? Someone suggested using the HTML Email Pack but I don’t see how this is helpful in this case.
Thanks in advance!
Hey Adnan! Great question. Sending emails from the Gmail Pack can get a little tricky when you have lots of grouping and conditional formatting, as not everything gets carried over to email.
The suggestion for the HTML Email Pack is actually your best bet for sending emails from Coda that look awesome! You can check this doc out here for more info on the HTML Email Pack to see if it would fit your use case:
And here’s the link to the Pack page in our gallery:
Outside of that, we can add this as a feature request for you. Let us know!
Thanks Nicole. I’m going through the docs and it might be useful to help my use case. However, almost every team in my company uses coda for the weekly report and it would be a significant undertaking to ask each team to restructure their docs to fit the format. It would be great if you can add a feature request for table grouping in emails.
Yup, I totally understand what you mean! Happy to have this filed as a feature request for you. Would you mind answering the following questions so we can log this officially and better understand your use case?
- What value does this new feature unlock? What does this help you accomplish?
- On a scale of 1 to 4 (1 = nice to have, 4 = absolutely must have), how badly would you say you need this feature?
- How would you describe what you’re trying to build with this feature? (Project tracker, blog, client-facing resource, etc.)
Thanks in advance for answering these questions, Adnan!
That’s wonderful. I appreciate your help Nicole.
- The feature will provide information clarity and better communicate the value of team contributions on weekly basis by making the data more visual and easier to digest. Having this feature will help consolidate multiple tables into one that tells a story and highlights the big picture.
- Team progress tracker. We currently have over 15 teams that use coda to communicate progress on weekly basis, and the current set-up makes the report tough to read.
Thanks for taking the time to answer those questions, Adnan!
I’ve added your vote and the additional context to our feature request tracker, which our product team regularly reviews. Should this feature be built, we’ll be sure to notify you
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.