Extract information from an Gmail

Good morning, I have a question. I receive some emails from a supplier, and these emails are structured and are always the same. I would like to be able to get information from the text of the email(using the gmail pack). For example, search for the supplier field and in a coda cell put what comes next, and do the same in different fields, such as name, phone, address… I can’t think of how to do it. Thanks for your help.

Hi Ximo,

There are many different formulas and techniques that you could use for this, depending on the exact circumstances. Below is a collection of (some) of the formulas you can use. I would start playing around with Find(), and then use something like Middle(). (You can search for it in the same doc)

Regards
Piet

ok, thank you very much, I’m going to investigate, string formulas are the most difficult for me to implement. haha thanks

1 Like

If the emails are going to be variable every time, your best bet is Coda AI and not a formula.

Thanks @Scott_Collier-Weir , but the emails are always the same, with the same structure and fields.

Then you’re probably best off with regex! Or Coda AI should still work for you.

1 Like