Gantt Chart - Improvements

Thank you for taking the initiative. Timeline view could definitely use more love from Coda.

I especially agree that ability to zoom in and out freely should be handed out to the end user instead of being restricted to a pre-canned setting (Day/Week/Month, etc.) tucked away in Timeline display settings. Here are are a couple more suggestions that make the top of my wish list:

Possibility to add additional columns next to headlines

• I would reword this to say: Possibility to independently choose a display column for each of the lefthand side labels and in the labels of the timeline itself. This will open up the possibility of using calculated columns to customize the labels as we wish, instead of being restricted to using the default display column of the source table on both sides.

• Axis labels should be displayed between the lines and not on the lines themselves. @MrChrisRodriguez, makes an excellent illustration of this point here: https://community.coda.io/t/codas-gantt-implementation-is-non-standard-and-confusing/19442.
    And while we’re at it, more control over Axis label formatting would be nice (I am in China where September, 9th is “9月9日” ,so “SEP 9” looks extremely confusing to my colleagues).

We are currently not Timeline view in any of our docs due to its many limitations, so even a few key improvements would be a game-changer.

3 Likes