Grouping Columns and new table entry problem

Hey guys @tomavatars and @Paul_Danyliuk, when you get a moment hoping you can help me with a related question I’m looking for an answer on, but all I could find was this thread:

I am trying to use a SubTable to help me with Meeting notes - if it sounds familiar I’ve been working on this for an age and potentially you’ve both already helped me in the past!

Anyway, the way I’d like to do this is have the meeting agenda in a Subtable, in a way that I can have each row run the agenda. What I’d like to do is have the leftmost column grouped as the “subject” of a discussion. Each row is an actual discussion. So at times if the subject results in, say, three relevant discussions, I can use the left column to track the subject that each individual discussion row was about:

I am having trouble adding at all to a subtable while the row is grouped, unlike here in this thread in the case of the Master Table Grouping. I want to avoid doing any Master Table grouping as that’s sound advice by Paul.

So I set up for now a 2nd view of the table that at least shows me the groupings as I add rows in the top subtable where I type the live notes. But this is an awkward workaround.

I have asked Coda support to answer if a Group can be added to when it’s in a subtable, no answer yet.

And I’m also eager to get some guidelines about this, I posted the request here with no response:

As this trips me up a lot!

I have to say it would really disappoint me if the great grouping ability of Coda doesn’t actually work in one of Coda’s other great features, Subtables.

Appreciate any thoughts at all you guys have, cheers!