Stagger charts are super useful for seeing the health of a business, and with all the resource/task/product management things I’ve seen on coda… its very likely someone has built this with elegance.
My use case: Wanting to build a way for contractors to…
- (on a weekly basis) predict how many hours they will be able to work for this week, next week, and the following week.
- (on a daily basis) report how many hours they worked today
With these two sets of numbers, we’ll be able to see how many actual hours are worked vs predicted. Useful, but I’d like to go further. Once we get the contractors’ hours (
"supply hours available") stagger chart functioning with some utility, we would extend this by comparing available supply hours with predicted demand hours.
To predict demand hours:
- have a table of all the things we pay people to do (w/ cost, time, effort, etc.)
- have another table of all the orders people have made, and the things in each order (w/ stats of all the things per order, including how much time the order will take to fill - aka
"demand hours needed")
The goal is to end up with a couple of Views to visualize
"demand hours needed" and
"supply hours available" over time:
- one view that looks like a stagger chart
- the other view that plots supply and demand hours over time
Thanks so much everyone