How do you create a template?

Is it just to create a doc that you copy? Or do you package template somehow to make them findable by others?

1 Like

Firstly: the templates under https://coda.io/templates are just a collection of docs which the coda team thinks might be interesting and/or useful for users - either due to them actually using the sheets or to look up certain functionalities. If you want to publish one of your own docs, just contact the coda team!

However, you probably have a sheet (e.g. for cooking recipes) and want to use a copy of it for something else (e.g. cocktail recipes)? In that case just go for the normal “copy” option. Unless when you have a link to a specific section of the sheet (i.e. the URL), it should get you what you need.

1 Like

I would appreciate the ability to have snippets of reusable content that is scattered throughout all of my docs. Managing those on my own should work in some cases, but I’ll always have to go through the effort of configuring them on every invocation/usage.

To make it enticing for the devs, let’s say I want to create a page belonging to a code repository and would like to have a row with links to the repo itself, issues, PRs and other things like that. If there was a way to enter a base URL of that repository and it could generate more blocks for me based on formulas as templates, that would save a lot of time!

5 Likes