How much GBs of image can I upload into a doc?

Hi, does anyone here know how much images I can upload to a Coda doc, in terms of total size of the images. Each image I have is around 1.5 to 3 MB, and I upload around 500 images every month in my current content management software.

I am planning to migrate my content management system from the existing software to Coda, but I need to know first if Coda will become slow and unresponsive if I upload several GBs of images every month.

If anyone has any experience in this regard, would be very interested to know your experience.

1 Like

Anyone knows the answer?

In cases where you’re asking how many GB’s can be uploaded, I’d say it might be best to choose a system that is more of a repository solution for this number of images. I wouldn’t turn to Coda for image storage, I would use it when you need to add or accentuate data with images.

The images themselves won’t make the doc too much bigger, other than the code it requires to reference that image, but the image itself is not stored in with the doc. So any performance impact you might see is simply from the doc needing to pull the image in for display just like any webpage would be displaying images.

Again, if you’re talking 500 images per month, I might look to an image storage solution like Google Photos or Dropbox and then link to folders there. I know there are use-cases that benefit from having the images in Coda, this is just a thought experiment to entertain and to make sure you’re not trying to use Coda simply for image storage.

We’re still working out the numbers for limits, so not really sure just yet. We’ll know more as we start rolling out the file attachments feature.

1 Like

Hi @BenLee
I use Coda to inventory all the pieces I sell in my shop. I run a small antique shop and every item is unique. It means that I upload lots of photos. I don’t need HD size photos, web size is good enough for me. It would be very unpractical to use other solutions and I usually delete most of photos after selling the item.
Hope you guys don’t get too stingy with upload limits, specially with paid account or at least, give us an option to buy storage.

Breno

2 Likes

I’m not that worried about all this but I agree with you here :blush:

1 Like