How to access columns from a formula that returns a row?

I’m using a admin/meta table to control some parts of my coda doc, and to do so I have a flag where I mark the row that is active. I also a formula that is used to select this active row for easier access, instead of thisDocument.Admin.Filter(active = true).First() I can now just use active_admin, since I’ve named the formula.

So the problem I have now is that I want to read a specific value from this active admin row, but it doesn’t work. If I try to write active_admin.column in a formula anywhere that doesn’t work even though the column does exists. Am I doing something wrong or is this as intended?

@Tomas_Jansson

If I understand your goal correctly, this seems to be working for me:

admin.Filter(active=true).value.First()

I did figure it out. To get the column from the active_admin formula I needed to extract the value first, so what I needed to do was active_admin.value.someColumn.

Created a gif of my solution. The problem was with the second formula where I first didn’t realize I needed to use Value after active row.

com-video-to-gif

5 Likes

Just want to up this topic. Faced the same problem. It is VERY unclear that datatype after First() not equals to datatype of list elements (unless you have named formula). I think this is a bug.

1 Like