How to create "Next page" buttons

Hi,
I want to insert buttons that send you to the next page in a playbook I am working on in Coda. Is there any better way to do it than by copy-pasting the URL of the page?

Anyone knows also if the URLs are automatically updated in the buttons when the website is published?

Hi @Lucie_Le_Naour and Welcome to the Community :partying_face: !

Well, sadly there’s no thisPage we can reference/get the url from so, not really :sweat_smile: …

But, you could create a “navigation” page with:

• A canvas formula storing the Doc URL using something like :

thisDocument.ObjectLink().ToText()

• And a table where you store the @ref of each page you want to open with a canvas button.

• From the @ref of the pages you can then get the Page ID (the one used in a page url) using :
      thisRow.Page.ToText()

• And then you can re-create the full url of a page and use it in an OpenWindow() button
  • Your canvas buttons can then push the appropriate button to open a page

See the sample below :innocent: …

The Doc Explorer Pack might also help you with this :blush:

And these 2 topics could give you some inspiration too :blush: …

As for this …

… I think that instead of using the Doc “internal” url, so the one returned by:

thisDocument.ObjectLink().ToText()

Which outputs something looking like :

https://coda.io/d/_dDoc_ID

You would need to use the published doc URL

https://coda.io/@username/doc-title

… and probably use the published Page IDs (which Coda creates automatically) in the navigation table … or just the full URL of each published page you want to open with your buttons.

But I don’t think the url are automatically updated though … Hence why using a table might be a plus (as you would just need to update each URL once instead of modifying each buttons :blush: )

I hope this helps :innocent: …

5 Likes

Thank you for your help @Pch :slight_smile:

My pleasure @Lucie_Le_Naour :grin: !

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.