Navigation Buttons

I created my own little navigation buttons to use to reproduce across multiple pages of a doc.

Check out the doc here to see how I created these.

Navigation Buttons

5 Likes

hi @Susan_M_Davis ,well done

regarding: “When you click one of these buttons, you do see the code pop up briefly before it opens the new row. If anyone knows how to prevent that from displaying, please let me know.”

here you go:

cheers, Christiaan

@Christiaan_Huizer I don’t think that’s it. In each tiny button I have it set for only errors but when building the button bar and then calling it on the canvas from a formula, when clicking one of the tiny buttons the formula on the canvas opens briefly before it executes the button press.

okay @Susan_M_Davis , I did not notice that in my docs. Sorry that I cannot help you.
maybe you use the Button() function and this one may not have the option to set only for errors.

1 Like

You can set it for errors only using the button formula but putting “errors” in the appropriate place in the formula. But it doesn’t solve the popup issue. Which, I realized is only an issue if the button stays on that same page. If the tiny button is moving to a different page, you don’t notice the popup of the formula. But for those buttons that execute and keep the focus on the same page, you do.

Congrats on this one @Susan_M_Davis!
I’m always on the lookout for ways to improve UX through a better UI and I’ll definitely be adding her approach to my toolbox, specially the date selector module here

I love this. How do I get this to work in card view? I’d like to convert my vertical stack of buttons into one neat row of buttons but my text column shows up as “model model”
Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 5.05.14 PM

Hello @Ed_Wei1

You could use a concatenation of buttons like in my example below.

Kind regards,

Thierry

3 Likes

What @Thierryvm said, just make a new column, concatenate the buttons into the new column then display that new column on your cards rather than showing each one individually. Works and looks great!

2 Likes

Glad if it could help you :), the solution is from @Quentin_Morel and I just reused it to present it to you :slight_smile:

Sincerely,

Thierry

1 Like

Happy to see that kind of tricks shared :wink:

We must give credit where credit is due :slight_smile:

Sincerely,

Thierry

Thank you @Susan_M_Davis and @Thierryvm ! That worked great. I did not understand that the additional Button() formula was needed. I was just concatenating the buttons directly before and getting the “model model”.

Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 4.24.58 PM

2 Likes