Where did I see it!

Hey Codan’s,

I’ve searched and searched… enough searching, I’m hoping someone might just be able to help.

I was reading a post recently where the OP had created a way to press a button in the bulletlist preview.

CleanShot 2022-03-20 at 13.16.55@2x

Thanks team

Those @ABC are basically just row references within text. When you hover on row references you get the popups with all the visible fields from the relevant base table.

So if you have a table e.g. Tasks with button columns visible and displayed as the first ones, you can do

Tasks.Filter(...).BulletedList()

and get your list of row references.

Don’t confuse with

Tasks.Filter(...).Name.BulletedList()

where you’d get a list of task names (text values), not row references to the tasks themselves.

You can also go full crazy mode and construct these popups formulaically using black magic

(from here)

But that’s for the ascended ones.

2 Likes

Love your black magic Paul… I’m afraid I am not ascended that far ‘yet’.

So when I hover over the button, the curser recognises it is clickable, but when it click it, it just opens the formula, but then when I hover over the result of the formula, it clicks the button!

Click 1 ➝ opens formula.
CleanShot 2022-03-21 at 11.53.20

Click 2 ➝ presses button
CleanShot 2022-03-21 at 11.55.00

Oh, I see. It seems like this is some new behavior and possibly a bug.

If you’re on Team plan, locking could help. Lock the page so that it’s possible to use controls but not Edit Page Text. Then clicking on the button won’t open the formula popup (i.e. the formula editor won’t intercept the click event)

1 Like

Thanks @Paul_Danyliuk ➝ really appreciate the help. PS ➝ I’ve spent way to much time on your youtube channel LOL… amazing content my friend!

Update: This is a known and reported bug. Our team is working on it and will provide an update as soon as one is available to share. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.