Is it possible to get a document’s publish-URL from a formula?
We don’t have that available currently. I’m curious what the use-case is though.
I’m trying to streamline the creation of new RFPs that I publish and distribute to prospective service providers. Right now the process is:
- Go into my RFP List doc and create a new RFP.
- Manually create a copy of my RFP template doc.
- Unlock, manually refresh all of the cross-doc tables (they don’t refresh on document creation), and select the right one for the RFP.
- Publish the doc (which is a pain in its own right because of the publishing delay) and get the URL
- Go back to my RFP List doc and update it with the URL
I’m looking for ways to streamline the process. I’m waiting for:
- Y’all to enable the copying of a doc from another doc (extension of recently released feature)
- For new docs to automatically synchronize cross-doc tables for a newly copied section, or having a button I can push to trigger a refresh on multiple tables (without having to unlock and having to click on each table individually)
- And in this question, figuring out if there’s an easy way to get the published URL back to my RFP list (via API or otherwise).