How to set up reminder on Due Date

greetings to all, first of all, I’m an absolute rookie in Coda.io and writing functions in general, so I need some help.

I would like to do a seemingly simple thing.

For reference, I made a table that you can see in the image below.

I would like pressing the “set reminder” button to create a notification that will be delivered on the desired date and time from the “Due Date for Reminder” column to the person selected as the agent.

If anyone has a solution or can do it in this table, I would be very grateful for any help.

If someone knows how to make pressing a button offer a date and time menu that would be even better.

Kind Regards!

1 Like

Hi @Matej_Calic, check out this video where I show you how to set up that button. Let me know if I can help further

That was not helpful, but thanks for response. I want to schedule and notification to be delivered on date and time that i have set in another column. Simple Coda app alert (notification) with predefined text on specific time and date in future (like an reminder for to-do list)

1 Like

I see, so it sounds like you would like the notification to be automatic, instead of you clicking the button manually? If so, you may try to use native automation, from the :gear: icon at the top right corner of your doc. The trigger could be “every hour”. The filter could be “if due date for reminder in Table 1 is <= now()”. The action could be either “push button” (the one in Table 1), or directly “notify user”.

Let me know if this is helpful

Dear @Simone_Smerilli, thank you for response, but I want to create simple “remind me” button witch triggers notify alert for me or my team members (that is set in people column) on specific date or date and time i have set in another column.

As you can see on image

1. column is Person
  2. column is date picker, so i can pick a date i would like to be reminded on.
  3. column is button that i press only when i want to be reminded for the task which is described in other column.

So i want to trigger button manually only when date is seelcted.

Kind Regards, and thanks for trying to help me!

2 Likes

One feels discouraged from using Coda. Why would we use it or recommend it?

1. I discovered it in 2018, but we haven’t paid to use Coda.
    When is a salesperson going to do something about it?
  2. There is room to improve how you communicate, Coda team.
    2.1 One example is right here: “This topic will close 3 months after the last reply.”
    When a decision-maker wants to discuss how this influences the extent to which they can enjoy some of the benefits they want, I’ll talk to them.
  3. Coda could help people much more.
    You, Coda shareholders, can earn more money. We can discuss usefully how you’d increase the revenue of your company.
    Who cares a lot about this?
    3.1 Example: It doesn’t remind us of anything.
    I have found no instructions about such a function in the user guide and no solution in this Discourse instance.

Hi Julian,

I saw on another post that you were looking for an account manager. On the pricing page there is a link to discuss using the Enterprise pricing level.

I am sorry to hear that you are discouraged.
Feel free to

I am certain that Sol Enterprises will be able to make good, profitable use of Coda for the areas that you have identified in your business.

Regards
Piet

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.