Images / Media Captions

One feature I would really like to see is optional captions underneath images (and other media embeds). When writing documentation, it is very helpful to add a caption to images to provide some context and to be able to reference them in the text (Ex: “See: Figure 1 (above)”).

1 Like

Great idea @Donald_Sipe! What I normally do to write captions for an image is just write on the canvas and italicize and change the font color to gray:

Yeah, that’s generally my work-around too. Cheers!

1 Like

Hey folks . . . new to Coda coming from Notion. I am NOT trying to make these apps identical, but occasionally I run into something that I really do miss from Notion that Coda does not do or I simply don’t know how. I am always open to being educated:)
Soooo, CAPTIONS FOR MEDIA . . . is a Notion feature that I really miss and use often. I understand the manual work-around and “visually” it works. Just not really efficient AND does not “stick” to the media item. I really liked making notations etc. that stayed with my media items.

Looking forward to learning more about this tremendous app and participating in this community. Hope someone has some help for this.

1 Like