Improve the @reference name when liking to a record of a table that links to a page with an icon

My use case.

I use tables where the display column links to a page with an icon. When referencing to this record in a page, the @name always contains _xxxxx text (in my example: _sumPb). Is there a way to avoid this, so you get only @Portals in my example?

Hi Juergen

My understanding is that the _sumPb is there to distinguish the row (table record) from the page.

If you have Portals, a click would take you to the page. If you have Portals_sumPb, a click would open the row for you.

Regards
Piet

Hello @juergenheise ,

Can you tell me what you type to get @Portals_sumPb - I can’t reproduce that.

Thanks,
Joost

If you wanted a workaround, you could make a hyperlink. Something like

Hyperlink(@Portals_sumPb.Url(), "@Portals")

Alternatively, you could change the display column to a formula one like this:

thisRow.[Domain].ToText().Split("_").First()

Then the reference should render without the underscore and appended text.

2 Likes

Thank you. You are right. This has to be distinguished. Anyhow, I would like to be able to change the name (as you can do with an URL and the URL name) as this is quite ugly. It looks like at this moment this is not possible.

I use a table. in the display column I link to a page. The page has an icon. When I link to the record of the table, I always get a suffix like that.

Thank you. I will try it.

The only workaround I could find is:
add a column RowIdColumn with the RowId and add a column Rank with the formula
Rank([Domains],[Domains].[RowIDColumn]),true())

On the canvas use =[Domains].[Domain].nth(#) where # is anyone of the numbers you see in the Rank column. When you delete rows your hyperlinks will change, but if you hide rows instead of deleting them (through a filter and a checkbox column) it stays intact.

This will give you your links without the suffix, but with the icon.

2 Likes

Oh, that depends on whether you want a link to the page or a link to the row in the table. If you want a link to the page, but you need to get it from the table, then something like Joost’s suggestion will work. Or really any formula that returns a row then append .Domain to the end.

For example: Domains.Filter([criteria to choose row]).Domain

2 Likes