Table Containing Link to sections

If you have many sections you might want a table to help navigate to the important ones. I use Sections links as a backlink but this is another way of helping your yours navigate easily -

Section link here is just a hyperlink to the section
Short Link allows you to use custom text for the links ( I have used a hyperlink formula for this )

3 Likes

Hi @mallika

What are those section links? I can’t figure out how to create them!

Lloyd

Also, the ability to change the display text is very interesting to me. I am trying to do a similar thing here: Changing Display of Coda References

Essentially, if you have an @ref, can you change the way that displays using a formula? Right now it just shows the value in the Display Column, but perhaps I want to show different values in different contexts. The trick here is that I want to maintain that nice on-hover effect where it shows a pop-up card of the item.

Lloyd

Two ways to create them - use the hyperlink option in the toolbar. Or copy the url to a section and paste it in the doc. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

1 Like

Hi Lloyd try
=@ref.column

This will give you other columns besides the display name. .

Hi!

I got the hyperlink to work, thank you!

=@ref.column doesn’t give me the on-hover effect of seeing the item though, kinda defeating the purpose of the @ref for this use case.

Lloyd

+1 on the ability to access parent row modals via hovering on children column values.

Discussed this recently with @Krunal_Sheth.

1 Like

I don’t think this should be standard functionality, as this would be too weird for people simply trying to access attributes. However, I’m not sure why the HyperLink function can’t be adapted to also work with @refs, since it already has a “set text” parameter.

Lloyd

The idea was floated to add a formula parameter for designating hover access. I like that idea.

3 Likes

Sounds perfect to me

1 Like