Changing Display of Coda References

Hi Codians!

Is it possible to change the way internal row references look? When referencing a row, it automatically chooses the display column. This is great, except I’d like some control over this so I can abuse the nested table I am trying to create to make it purdy.

Here is an example doc showing what I want, and enough detail so you can play around with it if you like. I want is so when I hover over those icons, it shows the reference to the cell. This way I can pack a lot of information in a small space.

PS - I tried the HyperLink function, but it doesn’t seem to place nice with references… Any other suggestions?

Let me know what you think,
Lloyd

It might just be me, but I’m not exactly clear what you’re asking. Would you mind rewording it? I’m not sure what you mean by “icons”

Hi @Thomas_Mohr,

If you look at the example doc above, I have a column called “DesiredLook”. That is how I would like it to look. The “CurrentOutput” column is the best we can do right now, but I want to compact the information down to just icons, as you can see in the DesiredLook column. This can actually already be done, but what is missing is the onHover attribute that allows you to hover over any of those icons and see the popup of the card that contains the information of the row being referenced.

See this comment: Table Containing Link to sections and thread for a bit more information.

Lloyd

I’m sorry if I’m a bit dense on this one.

If you change the display column to the the desired look column it makes your desired look symbols show up as the output.

Is that what you want?

You can click on the settings for the column, scroll down and then pick display column.

let me know if I’m on the right track.

1 Like

Hi @Thomas_Mohr,

You are not dense. I have a very strange request and I don’t think it is current possible, so I think we are all a little confused.

Your suggestion would indeed work, but then when I search for values in that table, I will only get back results that are that symbol. Although your solution fulfills my visual needs, it would break all basic usage of the table in question (which happens to be the most important one).

Thank you for the suggestion :slight_smile:

Lloyd