Improvements to graphs / charts

Hi Brock, and welcome to the community!

Sorry - I only have an opinion to console your hopes. :wink:

In early 2019, I warned Coda, SmartSuite, and Airtable to resist the temptation to add support for charts and instead, spend the entire budget on an integration framework for d3 and Vega. None of them listened. Now, all three have disenchanted customers who need data visualization features.

Had they followed my advice, their support teams would be eager to address this question because, by now, there would be an entire world of Packs and templates that offered a mind-bending array of data visualizations examples.

The reason this outcome was so easy to predict is to understand that there is no definition of “finished” for charts and data visualization features. And there never will be. Data visualization is an open-ended money-pit of development resources that, regardless of the budget, 50% of the customer base will ALWAYS be dissatisfied. As Steve Jobs once said -

“This is an intractable problem domain - profit will be elusive.”

This is my circuitous way of saying, I’m a location science consultant who does a lot of work for Yum Brands (KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell), Singapore, and McKinsey. I can build very fast and highly communicative visuals that can be driven by Coda data and integrated into Coda docs in real-time.

Happy to chat more, but I suspect you don’t need me - you just need a few commonly expected features.

1 Like