Last modified date on Sections

After searching around for a while, I’m still unable to find a solution to this.

How can I create a formula to display the last modified date for a ‘section’?

Thanks,
Alex

Welcome to the community @anon36025962

When adding a new column by clicking on the “+” right corner you will be able to add this property. It’s located at the bottom of the selectable option.

Does this answer your question?

1 Like

No, this doesn’t solve the problem. I’m looking for a lastModified property for a section of the doc, not a table row. thisDoc.lastModified() seems to target the entire doc.

@Rushabh_Doshi1

you are looking for the timestamp for the last modification to a page (what used to be known as a section)?

unfortunately, there is no formula for that. i searched for it because i needed it for audit purposes on controlled documents.

so instead we had to provide a work-around using buttons to ‘record’ the change event - not foolproof at all.

but now we have Canvas Columns, which are very like pages. So now we use them instead of pages for the content of our controlled documents and this means that the timestamp of the last modification to the row containing our virtual page IS available.

ps. a “Controlled Document” is one where ALL changes must be recorded, reviewed and approved via an SOP (standard operating procedure) and thus are “auditable”.

the Canvas Column has been a great boon to us in those cases.

hope this helps in your case.

respect
Max

1 Like