Launched: Collapsible Lists

Up+, Totally agree.

Collapse TOC ? :joy:

One step more to perfection :smile:

I totally agree with the original request. I would like a notes column. If you open a text cell you have the editing abilities to do so. The problem is you cannot collapse it to one line. For that reason, it is a disincentive to use it to take notes because it wrecks my view of items.

I love collapsible lists but for me I still can’t figure them out perfectly; it’s hit or miss whether or not the items I’m trying to collapse will actually do so, and I can’t figure out the reason, so sometimes I can get it and sometimes I just can’t.

I don’t feel I’m doing anything differently when I try, but obviously I am. I also don’t know how to get content to STOP collapsing under a particular heading or list once I want to move on to the next thing. I just do trial and error and eventually I get close to what I wanted. I wish I understood why.

1 Like

For anyone else that is confused about how to use it:

Type /collapse then select collapsible list to create a new collapsible list.
Type the first line of text.
Type Shift + Enter to continue adding items in that same collapsible list. Otherwise if you just do Enter, it will create a new collapsible list beneath it, which makes it useless (can’t collapse a list with only one item).

1 Like

I just realize that collapsible list in coda is NOT entirely same as Notion’s toggle list, where the latter , i can drag anything into the toggle. But for coda, i can’t even drag a dropdown list into it.

Hello - I tried to make a collapsible list and when I try shift + enter or if I try to drag the image under the collapsible list arrow, nothing happens. I cant close or open the arrow. The arrow stays white no matter what I do. Anyone else having this issue?

1 Like

Make sure that the “collapsed” part of the information is indebted by at least one tab.

2 Likes

It is working now! Thank you

1 Like