Launched: Lookup Control

Hi, @Matthew_McAllister!

Yes, there’s a type mismatch. Since you’re using a lookup control, the values in the lookup control dropdown are row references, but the Options column in the Select List table contains text values. If you want to keep your existing setup, you can change the filter condition on the Options column to be [Option Selector].Options=thisRow.Options. Here’s a copy of your doc with this change.

1 Like

Thank you, @Kelsey_Chan for the quick reply and help!

You noted, “if I want to keep my existing setup”, is there a cleaner way to do what I’m trying to do?

1 Like

@Matthew_McAllister If you don’t want to write your own formulas for the filter conditions, you can also use lookup columns for all three tables/views you want to filter and just leave the original source table untouched (i.e. no filter).

1 Like

@Kelsey_Chan, these animated GIF’s are great but why do they need to be played a quadruple speed? Dramatic effect but at the cost of being useful to the audience. All of the Coda animated GIF’s have the same problem IMHO.

1 Like

@Neil_Lavitt Thank you for the feedback! I’ll pass it along to the team that makes the gifs.

1 Like