Launched: New features to manage your structured data with precision and ease

@Teresa_de_Figueiredo

Any column that contains common values or variations of common values which are shared by many rows, but which don’t rise to the level of meriting structured Lookup status and also require the flexibility to customize variants.

It’s a powerful technique to leverage auto-complete in this way. It also gets in the way sometimes, so I understand why many users would like to turn it off. But some users may want the default to be that it’s turned on, and they could then override that default when necessary.

The bigger takeaway is making the UX more programmatic for the user, and it seems that the infrastructure is already in place under Account Settings > Document Defaults. There we can set the Timezone default for docs. Why not other Doc properties?

For example, on every single new doc that I create I have to go to Settings > Page Options > Wide, because I never want Auto or Standard. It would be nice to set this just once at the Account level and be done with it.

But that’s just a Doc setting.

What if we could set table and column defaults first at the Account level and next at the Doc level? That would be a huge time saver, because it would empower us to handle all these settings in bulk, one time. And then we could override our own defaults when necessary.

$.02.

4 Likes