What small improvements to Coda would be the most impactful for you?

If our team was ~hypothetically~ going to spend the next few weeks working on small improvements to make your day-to-day lives in Coda better, what are a few things that would make the top of your list?

1 Like

International dates…

7 Likes

Ah, and decimal notation.

6 Likes

A calendar view able to show more than 2 or 3 events/meetings/entries:

Possible solutions:

• the height of the week where multiples entries exist is adapted to fit them all, or
  • the entries are shown with a smaller font and/or narrower “ribbon”.

Looking forward to what the team will bring!

5 Likes

And a calendar view on mobile that looks like a calendar rather than a list :pray: :pray:

6 Likes

Line Chart View with a sum over time option
When I want to see a growth over time sale or expense, I have to create a new table or add a column with a formula in the current table, like this:

Sum(
  Filter(thisTable,
    Category=thisRow.Category AND
    CurrentValue.Date<=thisRow.Date AND
    RowId(CurrentValue) <= RowId(thisRow)
    ).Amount
)

These approaches feels too “workaround” for me.
Is it too complicated to just add something like this?

3 Likes

Improve editing/searching, handling of text documents.

Create a Coda for Dummies book

2 Likes

-proper full width. half of my screen empty.
-more icons in scale options.
thank you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

under page locking, ability to disable row deleting (either on it own, or coupled with the disable row add button).

please

9 Likes

The ability to collapse any object under any collapsible text regardless of the text hierarchy (for example H1 can collapse under H3. Or a photo, line, code block, and so on…)

2 Likes

Custom format currency support.
(or if not custom, add Peso currency support. multiple countries uses pesos as currency. Philippines, Mexico, etc.)

1 Like

In line with the feedback of @Xyzor_Max

Not having any clue how hard it is to remove this crumble path logic or make it optional (which would be my preference). You see this if you open a row as full screen modus. Most of the times I don’t want users to click. Clicking brings the user back to the table and permits for deleting rows (which I try to avoid) using full screen.

5 Likes
  • Proper full width
  • ability to select default width (wide, narrow, or auto) for all new pages
  • separate locking switch for deleting rows
  • fixing text input control to adapt to column width (right now it overflows if the column is too small) or even better, being able to resize its width (e.g. I don’t need a large input field for 2-digit numbers)

that’s top of my mind for small improvements

7 Likes

What @Xyzor_Max and @Christiaan_Huizer already said I would just add one more small addition, when you lock the document also disable show hidden pages toggle, so user cant unhide pages you hidden for a reason :slight_smile:

9 Likes

drag select rows. shift selection is time consuming and difficult.

Numeric keyboard in the app when the column is a number. Currently is the normal keyboard.

1 Like

Option to disable auto complete when column type is number.
It’s something completely unnecessary and it’s has caused me a few big problems.

2 Likes

Option to lock column type.
Sometimes even after setting up all columns of a table, Coda change columns types for no reason.

3 Likes

The ability to have the same control over the IOS/Android user experience as with the web app view. I am facing the risk of having to leave Coda because I can’t make my doc look the same on an iPad as it does on my Mac. This has become a showstopper as user insist on wanting to use their iPhones - damn them :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Simple number formatting that works the same in formulas, canvas, etc. for currencies, decimals, percent, etc. If you still have free time, ability to reduce padding around text. thanks!